Hungerford Jewellers is an independent retail jewellers with the standards of old fashioned, comprehensive service blended with a modern, efficient business and contemporary and traditional stock. We carry the largest range of stock within the wider locality and offer the allied repair and expert services to support our customer needs. Our goal is to provide a local service where the customer does not need to compromise to have the convenience of shopping locally. Therefore we strive to offer keen pricing, a wide choice of goods associated with the jewellery trade, expert knowledge and advice, a finder service for your desired item and gift vouchers for your loved ones who like to choose for themselves.
Our largest carrying of stock is “new” however we have interesting “second hand” and “antique” items often included in the categories below.
This is, by no means, a comprehensive list, however it gives a flavour of the wide ranges we carry:
- Various types of wedding rings are kept in stock which offers a good basis for beginning the choice of style, precious metal, fit, width, carat, weight, colour of gold etc. Usually every ring is then made, just for you, after the choice process is complete. Wedding rings can be set with diamonds, patterned or plain, they can be flat, bevelled, round, D-shaped or made to fit closely to the engagement ring. We are happy to work with you to help you make the most informed choice for these special rings.
- Engagement rings are a speciality for Hungerford Jewellers with exciting designs, both contemporary and traditional, from our various suppliers and a wide range of prices which means we offer quality precious stones of all sizes and types. We can also design or copy stock to suit your choice and budget. We are happy to advise as you search for that perfect ring – without any commitment to purchase!
- Eternity rings can be half stone set (most popular) or fully stone set and Hungerford Jewellers has a wide range for you to choose from either set with diamond, other precious stones or a mix of both. The way an eternity ring sits next to the engagement and the wedding ring is important and we have many styles for you to try, Ideally, all rings worn in close connection with each other should be of the same metal and carat – this reduces uneven wear and tear – although all rings will show wear over the years and can be repaired.
- Signet rings, in ladies, childrens and gents, can be traditional, contemporary, stone set, plain, patterned or ready for engraving. The table of the ring tends to be one of the following shapes: oval, round, shield, heart, cushion or square. We have a selection of all in silver, 18ct and 9ct gold and a particularly large selection in second hand. We offer an engraving service for initials, family crest or seal engraving and can supply suitable rings for the very deep style of engraving a crest or seal requires. Buckle, claddagh, puzzle or wishbone rings are sometimes bought as signet rings where the traditional shapes are not preferred.
- Dress ring is a term which covers all styles of fancy rings, gem set with various stones and in various metals and we at Hungerford Jewellers have a broad selection of all. Included in this section are rings to celebrate specific wedding anniversaries such as ruby and pearl or birthstone rings such as sapphire, garnet, amethyst etc. Most dress rings can be “sized” to fit, by adding to or removing metal from the shank, or can be re-ordered from the manufacturer so the importance here is to select the style you love the most and we will do the rest.
- This is a huge section for Hungerford Jewellers and can first be divided into either gem set or without stones. Available in silver, yellow, white or red gold and in 9 or 18ct gold.
- All of the above are available in stud or drop styles and in various sizes of “head”.
- The fittings are varied being mostly for pierced ears however some styles are supplied with clip-on fittings or can be adapted. Post and scroll, hooks, safety wires, omega and continental fittings are the most common for pierced ears and we can change some styles to the fitting you prefer.
- Earrings make a popular gift and can relate to birthstones, match pendants, enhance evening or wedding outfits or just be beautiful on their own – the selection is tremendous and prices start from £1.50 – so ideal for children’s party gifts etc.
- Hungerford Jewellers has a large selection of bracelets suitable for ladies, children and gents both in a link style or bangle.
- Gents bracelets are mostly link style, link with identity plate or bangle style and available in silver or gold, plain or with various decoration. The range includes traditional and contemporary with various lengths in stock and even longer ones available to order.
- Children’s bracelets are often given for christening gifts and we have a selection of expanding and hinged bangles and short, light link bracelets suitable for this purpose in both silver and gold.
- Charm bracelets are stocked in various weights and in silver or gold. The most contemporary of the “charm” bracelet is the beaded style which has beads made from Murano glass and/or silver and has fun colours and names to relate to the individual purchaser. Hungerford Jewellers stocks the Charm Links range but others beads, some of which can be co-ordinated with these, would be Troll and Pandora.
- We have a wide range of bangles which are either with or without gems, in a mix of gold colours or silver. The styles are torque, slave, expanding and hinged bangles with a range of pricing to reflect the content.
- Ladies link style bracelets are always a popular gift and there are many styles to choose from in silver and in gold at Hungerford Jewellers. Some are set with precious gems or gold or silver gate bracelets or maybe to match a necklet or just be individual – the choice is large and will fit most budgets.
Necklets, Pendants and Chains:
- Here you will find a big choice for ladies, gents or children and something for all occasions including christening and travel eg. St Christopher, crosses, good luck pendants and initials, wedding day gifts eg, diamond pendant, locket etc, special recognition days like the birth of your child and the more obvious birthday or Christmas gifts.
- Chains are available in different lengths, styles and weights – according to their purpose and in silver, 9ct or 18ct gold and in yellow, white or red gold. They are suitable for ladies, gents and children and to carry a pendant or be worn alone.
- We stock a huge choice of pendants, all with various gems to suit your taste, or we can make one especially for you, if you have a specific gem or style in mind. Often we have matching earrings if you want to make a bigger purchase or we will keep them for your next occasion (secured by a small deposit).
- Charm Links have a choice of necklets which carry the same beads as the bracelets therefore the beads are more versatile.
- Pearls and various beads are kept in stock and there is a big range available to us through our gem suppliers. We are very happy to advise and explain the various attributes of the “pearl world” and to search for specific requests for you.
- Lockets are available in silver and gold with the most common being the hinged, double sided locket for two photos however we do also stock the “family” lockets – where there is an extra double section allowing the locket to hold four photos. The locket selection covers various sizes with the more common shapes being round, oval, heart, rectangular, square and hexagonal. Our choice includes plain, patterned and gem set all of which can be engraved if you wish.
- Hungerford Jewellers stocks many new charms in both silver and gold plus we have an interesting selection of second hand charms for those who collect “old” ones.
- Charm Links beads are a style apart and has become an alternative for the collector of today. We keep a wide range of Charm Links in stock and re-order often so you should not be disappointed.
- Our charms on not imported and the detail is good therefore, as they are made in the UK, and include most subjects we can usually source what you want.
- We stock these in mainly in silver or gold but we do have a small range of “costume” brooches which are either, gold, silver or chromium plated and set with crystals etc.
- The styles of silver and gold brooches are varied and may be with or without gems. The second hand section also includes some “old” brooches such as bar brooches and cameos. Our selection at Hungerford Jewellers is often updated with new styles so always worth a look for that exclusive item.
Cuff Links, tie slides and gent’s gifts:
- Finding the right gift for a gent is often a challenge therefore with that in mind we stock a good range of cuff links and tie slides in both new and “old”. These are available in silver, gold or plated which covers a range of budgets.
- We have a range of pens – nicely gift boxed, men’s jewellery/watch boxes, selection of key rings and money clips in both silver and gold.
- Tankards and hip flasks are a popular gift and we stock a wide range in pewter, glass or silver plate. These can be engraved if desired.
Christening and birth gifts:
- We carry many suitable gifts in silver, silver plate and pewter – these are traditional choices to celebrate christenings and births and include, money boxes, photo frames, tankards, egg cup and spoon, cutlery set, napkin rings, certificate holders, first tooth box, first curl box, plaques, children’s clocks and jewellery. The price range has been selected to suit most budgets.
- Engraving is possible on many of the above items – to personalise them and mark the date.
- Hungerford Jewellers carries a range of clocks which includes wall, mantel, alarm, travel alarm, carriage and miniature clocks. Mostly these are battery clocks with quartz movements however we do stock wooden wall clocks with mechanical movements which is either a strike or strike and chime.
- We have children’s clocks – some of which have novelty features like sound effects!
- Our watch brand selection is large and varied to cover all budgets and taste.
- Most watches now are quartz movements – which gives very accurate time keeping.
- Our most popular brands are Lorus (two year guarantee) and Citizen (five year guarantee) however we do have other brands available, usually with a one year guarantee. Guarantees do not cover the battery, strap or watch bracelet. Hungerford Jewellers will replace the battery free of charge, if needed, within the first year of the purchase.
- Second hand watches come into stock occasionally and we keep a list of customers who are looking for specific watches.
- Other items in stock are pocket watches (new and “old”), fob watches, time teachers and sports timers
- Watch bracelets are adjusted to fit free of charge on all watches purchased from us.
- Some other items fit well into our product offering and customer need but do not have a category of their own. They are usually modestly priced and a small selection is held in stock however it is possible to order quickly from a wider range. These include drinking glasses, vases, photo frames in silver, silver plate or brass, wine bottle or glass coasters, letter openers, handbag items and figurines.
- Trophies can be supplied by us and extends to the engraving service – these would usually be pewter, silver plate or glass. We also engrave trophies/cups we have not supplied.
- Jewellery boxes and travel pouches are stocked in leather, suede, fabric or faux leather. These range from large dressing-table sizes all the way through to small travel rolls. Many colours are in stock with matching accessories such as passport covers, manicure sets, travel clocks, handbag mirror, handbag picture frame etc. A gent’s range and various children’s jewel boxes are also included in the usual stock holding.
- This is the group term for all jewellery parts which may be needed for repairs and replacements eg. clasps, bolt rings, trigger snaps, jump rings, replacement butterfly backs, alternate earring fittings etc. These are stocked in silver or gold and pricing relates to size, weight and metal of the item.
- Ring clips in silver and yellow gold are kept in stock, ideally this is a temporary way to make a ring smaller. A longer term solution would be to size the ring down or solder “beads” to the inside of the shank of a ring which cannot be sized down.
- Many of our customers do not know just what to buy but know their loved ones would like to choose from our beautiful stock therefore Hungerford Jewellers offers a gift certificate service.
- This is a flexible gift and there are no “rules” or time limit. The value can be decided by you and the gift can be used by the recipient in part with a credit note issued for the balance, added to or just spent as it is.